As some visitors may already know 762ar.com is a focused sub-site of 308AR.com. Recently on the forum we began gathering images and content to utilize on the 308ar.com facebook page. If you have anything to contribute please join the forum and help us out. If you are already on Facebook be sure to “Like” us.
Armalite AR-10 A4 10A4CF-2
Just as Connecticut proposed the most draconian gun laws in the nation I managed to locate and purchase an Armalite AR-10 A4 or to be more specific an AR10A4 10A4CF-2. The AR10A4 10A4CF-2 is essentially a Connecticut legal (as of February 2013) Armalite AR10A4 Carbine with pinned stock, welded and pinned muzzle device in Armalite green. The AR10A4 10A4CF-2 utilizes Armalite proprietary magazines. Naturally this rifle will turn into an upgrade project withing my now legal limits. Note: The magazine displayed in the rifle is an Armalite factory 25 rounder. In reality the magazine is not as long as it appears. In my excitement I did not fully seat the magazine.
- Model: AR-10 A4 Carbine with Green or Black Furniture
- Caliber: .308/7.62 X 51mm NATO, 4140 steel
- Barrel: 16″ Double Lapped, Chrome Lined
- Rifling Twist: RH 1:11.25″ 150-175 Grain Ammo
- Muzzle Device: Permanently fixed Muzzle Brake
- Front Sight Base: Picatinny Rail Gas Block. Top of gas block is .398 (+/- .010) lower than top of receiver
- Upper Receiver: Forged Flat Top Receiver with Picatinny Rail and Forward Assist 7175-T74 Aluminum
- Lower Receiver: 7175-T73 Aluminum (forged)
- Trigger: Tactical Two Stage, 1st Stage 3.5 lbs – 2nd Stage Approximately 5-6 lbs.
- Stock: Pinned non-collapsing buttstock
- Overall Length: 37.1″
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Finish: Anodized Aluminum Upper/Lower Receiver, Manganese Phosphated Steel Barrel
- Accuracy: 2 – 2 1/2″ MOA
- Included with Rifle: Two 10 round Magazine, Sling, Black case, Owners Manual, Limited Lifetime Warranty
Check Out the New 308AR.com Forum
The 308AR.com forum has been updated. While there are a few bugs to be worked out the user experience should be greatly improved. Click HERE to read the latest posts on the 308AR.com Community Forum
I recently saw the NEMO 308AR BARRELS listed as a new product at Brownells. I do not know much of these folks other than they were close to merging with SI DEFENSE. Regardless they are at a great price point considering the specifications.
- Black Nitride Coating, offers superior corrosion resistance and accuracy
- 300 Blackout barrel has an M4 profile and is chrome moly steel
- 308 Winchester chambered barrels feature a HBAR profile
- 308 Winchester barrels are machined from 416 stainless steel
- 5/8-24 muzzle threads
- .750” O.D. at the gas port
- 16” barrels feature a carbine length gas system
- 18” and 20” barrels feature a rifle length gas system
- 300 Blackout barrel fits AR15/M16 receivers
- 308 Winchester barrels fit DPMS pattern 308 AR rifles
- Barrel extensions feature M4 feedramps
- 308 Barrels have a 1-10 twist
- 300 Blackout barrel has a 1-8 twist
SPECS: Black nitride coating, stainless steel (308) and chrome moly (300BLK). Length – 16”, 18” and 20”. .750” at gas port. M4 feedramps. 5/8-24 muzzle threads. 1-8 Twist (300BLK) and 1-10 Twist (308).
If anyone reading this has any experience with either of these sets please drop by the 308AR.com forum and tell us what you think.
- 308 AR Matched Upper and Lower Receivers
- Precision machined from Billet Aluminum
- Available with a Matte Black or Norguard finish
- Built-in trigger guard
- Accepts DPMS LR-308 pattern components
- Accepts DPMS pattern Magazines, including the 308 PMAG
Given the current political climate these days it isn’t often we see the DPMS 308-BCA-C CHROME BOLT CARRIER GROUP in stock. Brownells is currently showing the status as “In Stock”. Best of all use code DSW for free shipping.
The DPMS 308-BCA-C is a must for any 308 AR build.
Note, not for Armalite AR-10.
Colt had previously announced a return to consumer markets. Looks like they are being true to their word with the realease of the Colt CR-Pro .308. Available January 2013.
PRi GenIII DPMS 308 Delta Carbon Fiber Forearm in Dark Earth and Black . This PRI Carbon Fiber GEN III DPMS 308AR Free Floated Handguard is constructed of a combination of Carbon fiber tube with an Aluminum collar and end cap, with a steel barrel nut. The forearm has additional over the barrel clearance.
- Triangular shape
- Carbon fiber construction
- Precision machined barrel nut and barrel nut assembly
- Rifle length, 12-1/2” in length
- Matte black finish
- 8-1/2” top Picatinny rail and three 3-1/2” rails on the sides and bottom
- Available for the AR15/M16 and 308 DPMS pattern rifles
- Instructions included
- Designed to accommodate most piston or op-rod systems on the market today
- Uses PRI’s easy to install mounting system
- Flat bottom makes this forearm especially useful off of a bench or rest
Tube – Carbon fiber, black finish. Barrel nut – Aluminum, hard anodized, matte black. Rifle length – 12-1/2”. Fits AR15/M16 or DPMS pattern 308 rifles. Weight – AR15/M16 model: 1.05 lbs. 308 AR model: 1.20 lbs.
Received this in my inbox today. Very exciting.
The dual-charging PSC-12™ upper assembly features all the utility and advantages of its predecessor, the PSC-11™, available now for large-frame AR platforms. On the heels of the JP side-charge system’s success on our other rifles, the PSC Series not only offers a unique new take on this feature by incorporating both side-charge and traditional top-charge systems into a single upper receiver, but also by making this innovation cross-compatible with existing DPMS LR-308 lower assemblies. The PSC-series combines the great features and performance of virtually our entire rifle line into a single package designed for the all-out tactical market with its redundant charging systems, dust cover and forward assist. In addition, the PSC-12™ is also available as a complete rifle built on a modified version of our LRP-07™ billet lower with the full selection of stock, grip and trigger options available.
Base Rifle Specifications:
|Receiver:||Machined-from-billet 7075-T6 upper receiver with left-side charging system and modified LRP-07™ forged lower|
|Receiver Finish:||Matte Black Teflon finish over hard coat anodizing on aluminum components|
|Barrel:||JP Supermatch™ 416R air-gauged, button-rifled, cryogenically treated barrel|
|Barrel Finish:||Polished stainless|
|Muzzle Treatment:||JP Compensator|
|Buttstock:||A2 or ACE-ARFX|
|Grip||Hogue pistol grip|
|Hand Guard:||JP Modular Hand Guard System|
|Gas System:||JP adjustable|
|Operating System:||JP .308 Low Mass Operating System (LMOS™)|
|Trigger||JP Fire Control Package available in weights of 3.5 – 4.5 lbs.|
|Accessories:||JP accessory pack including operator’s manual, one magazine, GasGunBasics™ DVD and more|