Since the beginning of the 30AR platform push in 2007 with the forum at 308AR.com members and visitors have been trying to get their hands on a CARBON FIBER WRAPPED 308AR BARREL. Many have paid money and got on waiting lists never to receive their CARBON FIBER WRAPPED 308AR BARREL. Others after over a year wait received inferior products in return for their patience. Well today I was updating the websites with info on our newest advertiser CRITERION BARRELS INC and I wanted to see what Brownells was offering for the CBI branded product. Imagine my surprise to find that in stock at Brownells is a CARBON FIBER WRAPPED 308AR BARREL from Christensen Arms. I have no info other than what’s on the respective websites but I did email some questions of to Christensen Arms. Check this barrel as well as it’s AR15 sibling out for yourself at Brownells.
Armalite AR10 Magazines
In a rare occurrence these days Armalite Ar10 magazines in various capacities have become available to purchase. Brownells currently has stock of Armalite AR10 magazines 10 5 round, 10 round, 20 round and the holy grail 25 round capacities. Click here and get them while you can. Hopefully this is a sign of the magazine shortage coming to an end.
AXTS Raptor Charging Handle
The ambidextrous AXTS Raptor Charging Handle is all the rage these days with shooters whether for the AR15 or DPMS LR-308/SR-25 based weapon platforms. While the MechArmor TacOps-1 is still my “Go To” ambidextrous charging handle based on simplicity and strength it’s hard not to be attracted to how cool the Raptor looks installed on your favorite AR15 or DPMS LR-308/SR-25 based weapon. I have on of each model on order at Brownells. I will photograph and review upon their arrival.
The Raptor™ is truly revolutionary in design & function. From rapid palm “blading” or finger thumb charges of the weapon, the motion is fluid & fast from either strong or support side.
SPECS: Available for AR15/M16 or 308 upper receivers. 7075 aluminum construction, matte black anodized finish. AR-10/.308 versions will fit the following rifles: Armalite AR-10, DPMS 308, KAC SR25, MK11, M110, Larue OSR, Noveske 308, and POF 308. 7.62 version may not fit Rock River Arms or Sig 7.62/308 rifles.
Below is a youtube video of the 5.56 AR15 version of the Raptor
As some visitors may already know 762ar.com is a focused sub-site of 308AR.com. Recently on the forum we began gathering images and content to utilize on the 308ar.com facebook page. If you have anything to contribute please join the forum and help us out. If you are already on Facebook be sure to “Like” us.
Armalite AR-10 A4 10A4CF-2
Just as Connecticut proposed the most draconian gun laws in the nation I managed to locate and purchase an Armalite AR-10 A4 or to be more specific an AR10A4 10A4CF-2. The AR10A4 10A4CF-2 is essentially a Connecticut legal (as of February 2013) Armalite AR10A4 Carbine with pinned stock, welded and pinned muzzle device in Armalite green. The AR10A4 10A4CF-2 utilizes Armalite proprietary magazines. Naturally this rifle will turn into an upgrade project withing my now legal limits. Note: The magazine displayed in the rifle is an Armalite factory 25 rounder. In reality the magazine is not as long as it appears. In my excitement I did not fully seat the magazine.
- Model: AR-10 A4 Carbine with Green or Black Furniture
- Caliber: .308/7.62 X 51mm NATO, 4140 steel
- Barrel: 16″ Double Lapped, Chrome Lined
- Rifling Twist: RH 1:11.25″ 150-175 Grain Ammo
- Muzzle Device: Permanently fixed Muzzle Brake
- Front Sight Base: Picatinny Rail Gas Block. Top of gas block is .398 (+/- .010) lower than top of receiver
- Upper Receiver: Forged Flat Top Receiver with Picatinny Rail and Forward Assist 7175-T74 Aluminum
- Lower Receiver: 7175-T73 Aluminum (forged)
- Trigger: Tactical Two Stage, 1st Stage 3.5 lbs – 2nd Stage Approximately 5-6 lbs.
- Stock: Pinned non-collapsing buttstock
- Overall Length: 37.1″
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Finish: Anodized Aluminum Upper/Lower Receiver, Manganese Phosphated Steel Barrel
- Accuracy: 2 – 2 1/2″ MOA
- Included with Rifle: Two 10 round Magazine, Sling, Black case, Owners Manual, Limited Lifetime Warranty
Check Out the New 308AR.com Forum
The 308AR.com forum has been updated. While there are a few bugs to be worked out the user experience should be greatly improved. Click HERE to read the latest posts on the 308AR.com Community Forum
I recently saw the NEMO 308AR BARRELS listed as a new product at Brownells. I do not know much of these folks other than they were close to merging with SI DEFENSE. Regardless they are at a great price point considering the specifications.
- Black Nitride Coating, offers superior corrosion resistance and accuracy
- 300 Blackout barrel has an M4 profile and is chrome moly steel
- 308 Winchester chambered barrels feature a HBAR profile
- 308 Winchester barrels are machined from 416 stainless steel
- 5/8-24 muzzle threads
- .750” O.D. at the gas port
- 16” barrels feature a carbine length gas system
- 18” and 20” barrels feature a rifle length gas system
- 300 Blackout barrel fits AR15/M16 receivers
- 308 Winchester barrels fit DPMS pattern 308 AR rifles
- Barrel extensions feature M4 feedramps
- 308 Barrels have a 1-10 twist
- 300 Blackout barrel has a 1-8 twist
SPECS: Black nitride coating, stainless steel (308) and chrome moly (300BLK). Length – 16”, 18” and 20”. .750” at gas port. M4 feedramps. 5/8-24 muzzle threads. 1-8 Twist (300BLK) and 1-10 Twist (308).
If anyone reading this has any experience with either of these sets please drop by the 308AR.com forum and tell us what you think.
- 308 AR Matched Upper and Lower Receivers
- Precision machined from Billet Aluminum
- Available with a Matte Black or Norguard finish
- Built-in trigger guard
- Accepts DPMS LR-308 pattern components
- Accepts DPMS pattern Magazines, including the 308 PMAG
Given the current political climate these days it isn’t often we see the DPMS 308-BCA-C CHROME BOLT CARRIER GROUP in stock. Brownells is currently showing the status as “In Stock”. Best of all use code DSW for free shipping.
The DPMS 308-BCA-C is a must for any 308 AR build.
Note, not for Armalite AR-10.